Physical Therapy begins with an evaluation with one of our licensed Physical Therapists. New York State passed legislation that a Physical Therapist can treat a patient for ten visits before attaining a Physicians’ prescription. During the evaluation, if the Physical Therapist feels you should see a medical doctor first, you will be referred.
Prescriptions are required for all Compensation and No-Fault patients, as well as post-operative patients. Physical Therapists and office staff also follow up on all insurance authorizations.
Once you are evaluated, the therapist develops a treatment plan which may consist use of modalities such as:
- Electrical Stimulation.
- Massage/ Manual stretching.
- Motorized Cervical Traction.
- Blood Flow Restriction Therapy (BFR).
We emphasize therapeutic exercises which consist of:
- Self and Manual Stretching.
- Progressive strengthening using isometrics, isotonics, variable resistance, and isokinetic equipment.
- Balance and Proprioceptive exercise.
- Gait training.
- Cardiovascular exercise.
We also have the Biodex Balance System which we use to evaluate patients’ balance and then are able to add a program to improve balance.
All of our treatment programs are very hands-on and progressive. We are known for our massages, stretching programs, and overall successful outcomes.